- Atal Bihari Vajpayee – BJP’s only Prime Minister before Modi!
Atal Bihari Vajpayee is a highly respected veteran politician who had served as the Prime Minister of India in 3 non-consecutive terms. He has many political records under his belt like being part of Parliament for almost five decades and winning the elections from four different states. He is a multi-talented personality. He is a great poet and he published several poems. He also is the first person to deliver speech in Hindi at UN assembly.
His major works include the Nuclear tests conducted in 1998 during his reign which established India as a nuclear state gave an answer for its threat to security. Unforgettable event in life time thought will be his leadership while handling political issues during the Kargil War and terrorist attacks. These decisions further strengthened his image as a wise and capable leader of India. He is the thus placed at 11th position.
- Manmohan Singh – An eminent economist!
India’s 15th Prime Minister who served for 10 years. Manmohan to me is the best economics person that India has seen in the era of Congress. His career was not a direct entry into politics. He started with the United Nations in 1966. Then he shifted where he held key posts such as an advisor to the Foreign Trade Ministry, Chief Economic Advisor to the Government of India, Governor of Reserve Bank of India and Head of Planning Commission. His political career was a big celebration for India in 1991 when India was going through a serious economic crisis. Under the leadership of then PM PV Narsimha Rao he was chaired as Finance Minister and that brought unpredictable change to Indian economy. He was successful in implementing economic reforms of liberalization, privatization and globalization of the economy. One of the most important measures he took was to free India from the ‘Licence Raj’. Which was the major cause of India’s slow economic growth and corruption. To me I think if not for his silence he could’ve been a different leader with much more success.
- Mukesh Ambani – The Big Boss of India!
India’s richest man and biggest Business Tycoon of India. He though makes it to 13th place in my list of Top 70. It is because of the way he built the business of Reliance and brought humongous profits to the company. He is not just the richest person in India but is one of the world’s most powerful personalities. His enormous risk taking, and smart strategies has taken the company to India’s most valuable company by market value. Ambani has created great wealth not just for his family, but also for the thousands of his shareholders and employees. He is a living legend among the business community of India and serves as an inspiration to millions of people around the world. The other side of him being a luxurious life where he owns a house worth 1 billion $ and needs 600 staff to maintain. So that’s the power of the richest man in the Country. Also, to add his big support for sporting fraternity in India.
- Amitabh Bachchan – Amitabh Bachchan is that one name which comes with lot of vibrations. A famous actor, who started career in Hindi movies with stellar performances in movies like ‘Deewar’ and ‘Zanjeer’. These two movies in the early days of him brought him name the “angry young man” of Bollywood. When the time changed he quickly changed his style and not only serious action movies, but he also played variety of roles in comedies and drama movies. Apart from being an actor Amitabh Bachan is a complete person. His exemplary oratory skills and his love towards fans is something which is unthinkable. Not just sticking to serious movies, he acted in movies like ‘Pink’, ‘Paa’ and ‘Cheeni Kum’ which are different genre. Apart from these things he is brand ambassador of country and his skills and personality keeps impressing and inspiring the people of India.
- Kailash Satyarthi – In at 15th position is the man coming from Madhya Pradesh Kailash Satyarthi. Kailash Satyarthi is the reason for giving the children a new life. A life which a normal child always dreams of. He fought for the justice of Children by involving himself in the battle against child labor, slavery and trafficking. He marched 80,000 km around the globe for the rights of children and saving them from atrocities. For all his great work for the future of next generation he was rewarded with Nobel Peace Prize in the year 2014. He also made it to many other prominent leaders list and made the nation proud. For his outstanding achievement he is placed at 15th.