Right now, for today let’s learn and know a bit more about the cities of India.
Hmm!! Not interesting? Okay, what if I say that today’s post is all about the Top 10 Indian Cities on the basis of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and as well tell you, who is the Richest Person in each City is. Now that gets even more interesting!!
Top 10 Cities in India as per GDP and its Richest Person
1. Mumbai – The Business Capital – $310 Billion GDPMumbai, I am sure most of you would have already predicted that the Finance City of India would be the topmost city. Mumbai is the only city that contributes 300 million plus to the GDP of nearly 3 trillion!! That means this city alone accounts for 10% of our country’s GDP. Mumbai being a port city, business city, and more importantly Entertainment City, it has got a lot of avenues to produce goods and services. It is the house for many top companies headquarters and also financial institutions like RBI, Stock Exchanges both NSE & BSE. Now the Richest person of this City is again not very tough to predict, off the 28 Billionaires in this City, it’s India’s richest person, the head of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani who tops the list with $44.8 Billion.
2. Delhi – India’s Capital City – $293.6 Billion GDP India’s Capital City is making news many reasons recently, the biggest worry being the Air Quality. Delhi being the capital city has got a lot of money generated from the service sector and is the city with the lowest unemployment rates in Country. Delhi is home for 18 billionaires and its Shiv Nadar the Head of HCL Technologies tops the list. HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar stands on the top with $13.90 Billion.
3. Kolkata – City of trams – $150.1 Billion GDP The City where the first trade center in India was created by the Britishers is the 3rd in the list. Kolkata is home for 4 billionaires and it’s the place for companies like Coal India, ITC, Britannia’s headquartered. Employment of Kolkata is concentrated mostly in the services sector. Talking about the richest person in the city, it is the head of Shree Cements founder Benu Gopal Bangur who has a net worth of $6.7 Billion.
4. Bengaluru – Silicon City – $110 Billion GDP Bangalore or Bengaluru is famously known as the Tech City with biggest IT-firms located in the City that has got the name of Silicon Valley of India. Bengaluru itself contributes to 35% of India’s IT Exports. Silicon City is the home for 8 billionaires and the top of the list is business tycoon Azim Premji who is the chairman on Wipro India. Azim Premji is also known for his philanthropy, his net worth stands at $15.6 Billion.
5. Chennai – The Hot City – $78.6 Billion GDP The Capital City of Tamil Nadu, the city of heat and the city that’s home for most of the automobile, finance and healthcare services stands at 5th in the list. Not just the hub for core businesses, this city is South India’s Movie Hub. This city is the home for 4 Billionaires. As I was telling you the importance of entertainment in this city, the top richest person in this city is Kalanithi Maran, the Chairman and founder of SUN Group which has a big empire in Media. His net worth is at $5 billion.
6. Hyderabad – India’s Pharmaceutical Capital – $75.2 Billion GDP The city of Nizam, Pearls, Biryani, Sherwani stands 6th in the list. Hyderabad in the field of business is mostly known for Pearls and it’s the major trade center for pearls. Hyderabad has over 90% of the population employed in the tertiary sector and is the city for major pharma companies and also the IT companies. Microsoft, IBM, Google are present in Hyderabad. Of the 6 billionaires in the city, the richest person is Lagadapati Madhusudhan Rao whose net worth stands at $2.3 billion. Madhusudhan Rao is the head of Lanco Infratech. Since we are from Hyderabad, you might be interested in knowing more billionaires from the city.
Here is the list of Top 5.1. Lagadapati Madhusudhan Rao (LANCO Infra) $2.3 billion.2. Murali Divi (Divi’s lab) $2.1 billion.3. K. Anji Reddy (Dr. Reddy’s) $1.5 billion.4. G.V. Krishna Reddy (GVK) $1.3 billion5. G.M. Rao (GMR) $1.0 billion
7. Pune – Oxford of the East – $69 Billion GDP Pune is the second largest city of Maharashtra and it is also in the list of Top 10 Cities standing at 7th position. Pune is majorly known for automobile companies and as well as Educational institutions. Symbiosis, Ferguson, MIT to name a few in educational institutions and Volkswagen, Ford, Mercedes are the automobile plants present in Pune. Pune is home to 5 billionaires and off them the richest person is Cyrus Poonawala with a net worth of $8.8 Billion, Poonawala is a Chairman of Poonawala Group which produces almost all the vaccines that are administered in India today.
8. Ahmedabad – Manchester of India – $68 Billion GDPThe largest city of Gujarat stands at 8th Position. Ahmedabad is also in the news nowadays for the name change. This is known for its textile industry which is a major contributor to the economy. This city is home for Indian companies like Zydus Cadila and Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Nirma Group, Adani Group. Without any doubt, it is the Adani who is the richest person in Ahmedabad. Gautam Adani the richest person has total a net worth of $6.8 billion is the chairman of Adani group.
9. Surat – The Diamond City – $59.8 Billion GDPSurat well known for diamonds and textiles stands at 9th position. Interestingly Surat accounts for 90 percent of Diamond Cutting and is home for companies like GAIL, ONGC, Reliance, Ambuja, and others. $835 million is the net worth of the richest person in Surat. He is the Diamond owner Savji Dhanji Dholakia.
10. Vishakhapatnam – Port City – $43.5 Billion GDPLast and final city in the list of ten cities is the Port City – Vizag. Vizag is home for companies like GAIL, Hindustan Shipyard, Visaka Steel Plant and others. The richest person from this part of the city is Ramoji Rao. Though he has shifted, still counting him as a person from Vishakhapatnam. Ramoji has got the consolidated net worth of $1.5 billion.